Saturday 24 April 2010

Grayinstitute - Dr David Tiberio

http://www.grayinstitute.com/

Applied functional science for prevention, rehabilitation and performance enhancement.
David Tiberio PhD Physical therapist, is a faculty member and the Academic Dean of the Gray Institute. He is a former Associate Professor at the University of Connecticut. David teaches in the area of kinesiology, therapeutic exercise and musculoskeletal dysfunction. His research interests include muscle activity during functional exercise and the relationship between foot and leg function. David has published several articles and is the editor for the Function Junction website.



Well I know that the BSO is very 'structural' ... and I understand what that means for osteopathy ... but Ive never really understood what 'classical' and 'functional' osteopathy was, after yesterdays Manus Sinstra I now understand what functional osteopathy is about.

However I don't really understand how I can apply that to my current practice. I definitely need to go on some further courses to really understand how to apply functional assessment and functional treatment ... I'm hoping that next weekends course (Neuromuscular Rehabilitation - Prof. Eyal Lederman) will help bridge some of this gap.

What I need to do is try to arrange a practice visit with someone like Matt Harris who uses lots of functional work, I'm even going to try to arrange to watch Jon Singleton a fellow fourth year who uses a functional approach alot.

Ive also arrange to do extra hours in the Sports Clinic to see Robin Lansman work as he talked to us in the third year about a functional squat test which forms part of his assessment of the patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment