Tuesday 3 November 2009

Technique - Glenohumeral and Shoulder Orthopedic Tests

03/11/09 - So many orthopedic tests for the GH ... Im really struggling to remember them all, especially by name and need to improve SLAP lesion examinations.


http://www.prohealthsys.com/

12/11/09 - Keira Kinch Tutorial - GH Examination
The tutors allowed us to select the topic of of tutorials this term so I suggested that it would be helpful to see how they performed a shoulder/GH examination.

Keira suggested that we do some further research on shoulder examinations and I came across this resource on the Internet.
http://www.prohealthsys.com/physical/shoulder_exam.php

Again Keira was great at showing us how to perform the tests accurately and how to interpret what we found.

Having never seen a patient with Adhesive Capsulitis through out the whole course I saw two in one week during the Easter vacation. Thankfully I had another student with me who was more familiar with them than myself. I vaguely remembered the capsule stretches that you need to do and to stretch the shoulder to the point before its painful for the patient. The other student gave the patient an exercise to do whereby they stretched their GH capsule in front of a mirror to ensure that they were not using side bending to assist (see video).

No comments:

Post a Comment