Tuesday 10 November 2009

Technique - Thoracic Spine

24/11/09 - I don't know whats happened to my Dog but Ive lost it .... I think I'm over complicating things. Watching some clinic tutors Dog and they just appear to circle over the patient until they feel the tension then drop. Where I actively thing about side bending, flexion, extension and rotation etc

21/04/10 - Well it looks like its not just my rib TSpine thrusts that I'm struggling with its also my Ribs !!! Had a 34 year old man today with a rib lesion that needed manipulating. Once I managed to work out which side the left rib was when the patient was laying down (how embarrassing) I attempted to thrust his rib. All I managed to do was hurt him. Need to practice my rib thrusts before he comes back next week.

28/04/10 - My rib patient came back. Good news was he was feeling some improvement in the intensity of his pain and also the area of pain was more localised to that rib 4 lesion. I attempted it again, twice and failed to get a cavitation (I know its about quality of movement but still !!!). My tutor then attempted to mobilise the rib for me. He took two attempts. On discussion with my tutor after he said that the rib just didn't want to seem to move so he elected to thrust the TSpine to improve the movement in the segment as a whole. This made me feel better in my failed attempts.

05/05/10 - Rib patient is back ... symptoms are improving further as expected. Still I wanted to mobilise that rib. This time I had listened to the feedback that my tutor had given me on the previous weeks about rotating over the patient and pronating my fulcrum more and at last the rib mobilised. Im looking forward to seeing what improvement this will have made next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment